Site RI - Shareholders - Shareholders Structure
BPI - Investor Relations HomepageVersão PortuguesaBPI Sites

FAQ's
Site Map
Glossary
IR Contacts


BPI Overview
Corporate Governance
Financial Data
Shareholders
Shares info
Debt info
News & Events





Useful Links
Mandatory information to Investors
Terms of Use
Cookies Policy
Shareholders Structure

Banco BPI's share capital of 1 293 M.€ is made up of 1 457 million of nominative and dematerialised (book entry) ordinary shares with no par value. All the shares are listed on the Euronext market.

At 31 December 2014 Banco BPI's capital was held by 21 418 Shareholders, of whom 20 890 were Individuals owning 12% of the capital, while 528 institutional investors and companies owned the remaining 88% of the capital.

Shareholders owning more than 2% of Banco BPI's capital1
At 31 December 2014
Shareholders No. of shares held % of capital held % of voting rights1
CaixaBank, S.A.1,2 642 462 536 44.1% 44.1%
Santoro Finance - Prestação de Serviços, S.A.3 270 643 372 18.6% 18.6%
Allianz SE4 122 744 370 8.4% 8.4%
Note: Shareholder positions recorded at 31 December 2014 at the securities clearing house (Central de Valores Mobiliários - CVM), based on the information received from the Central de Valores Mobiliários. As of 31 December 2014, BPI Group had 6 181 589 own shares corresponding to 0.42% of Banco BPI share capital.


Beyond the holdings exceeding 2% previously mentioned, there is a group of reference shareholders that hold positions higher than 1% in the company's capital. As of 31 December 2014, a group of shareholders who jointly are here designated as Arsopi5, held stakes that, when aggregated, amounted to 2.1% of the share capital of Banco BPI. At the same date, HVF SGPS6 had a stake of 1.96% and Nors Group7 (formerly Auto-Sueco) had 1.52% of the Bank's capital.


1) According to a statutory provision, the voting rights for purposes of their exercise are limited to 20%.
2) The stake held by Caixabank, S.A., is also attributable, as of 31 December 2014, to Criteria CaixaHolding, S.A.U., which owns 58.91% of Caixabank, which is in turn dominated by Fundación Bancaria Caixa d'Estalvis i Pensions de Barcelona "La Caixa", holder of 100% of the corresponding voting rights, under the article 20 (1)(b) of the Securities Code.
3) Directly held by Santoro Finance - Prestação de Serviços, SA ("Santoro Finance"), and, under the article 20 (1)(b) of the Securities Code, imputable to Santoro Financial Holdings, SGPS ("Santoro"), as owner of the entire capital of Santoro Finance, and to Eng. Isabel José dos Santos, in her capacity as controlling shareholder of Santoro Financial Holdings, SGPS.
4) Indirect stake held by subsidiaries controlled by Allianz SE, holding of Allianz Group, and attributable to this entity under the article 20(1)(b) of the Securities Code: direct shareholding of 8.67% held by Allianz Europe Ltd. (100% held by the Allianz Group) and a direct shareholding of 0.16% held by Companhia de Seguros Allianz Portugal (65% held by the Allianz Group).
5) At 31 December 2014, companies controlled by the director Armando Leite de Pinho held 7 856 695 shares representing 0.5% of BPI's capital. Persons related by family ties and companies linked to them owned holdings which, added to the abovementioned, totalled 30 188 952 shares representing 2.1% of BPI's capital. According to the information which the Bank has, this does not mean that the aforesaid aggregate constitutes a qualified shareholding in BPI in terms of article 16 and following of the Securities Code.
6) Participating interest held via Violas Ferreira Financial, S.A., whose share capital is fully held by HVF, SGPS, S.A., and, in terms of the provisions of article 20(1)(a) of the SC, includes 227 273 shares held by Edgar Alves Ferreira (0.02% of Banco BPI's capital), member of the Board of Directors of HVF - SGPS.
7) Stake held through Norsocia SGPS, S.A. and Ascendum España S.L., held, at 31 December 2014, respectively, at 100% and 50% by Nors Group (formerly Auto-Sueco, Lda). These companies held as of 31 December 2014, respectively, 11 084 734 and 11 050 105 shares of Banco BPI, representative of 0.761% and 0.758% of the share capital of Banco BPI.

 
Última actualização: 27-04-2015